Colin Curtis was born and raised in Kansas City, KS. He is a graduate of Sumner Academy of Arts and Science (2008) and Washburn University (2012 – Bachelor of Arts in Political Science).
Colin has done work for numerous campaigns and organizations since first becoming involved in politics. Including:
- Joe Reardon for Mayor (2004)
- Kansas Democratic Party Coordinated Campaign (2006)
- Joe Reardon for Mayor reelection (2009)
- Wyandotte County Public Safety and Infrastructure Initiative (2010)
- Sydney Carlin for KS State Representative (2010)
- Dennis McKinney for KS State Treasurer (2010)
- Jari Askins for OK Governor (2010)
- Oklahoma Democratic Party (2010)
- Janet Waugh for KS State Schoolboard (2010)
- Chad Manspeaker for Topeka City Council (2011)
- The Sandstone Group (2011)
- Working Kansas Alliance (2011, 2012)
- The Bison Group (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Kathy Wolfe Moore for KS State Representative (2012)
- Kelly Kultala for KS State Senate (2012)
- Pat Pettey for KS State Senate (2012)
Colin has formerly served as the State President for the Kansas Young Democrats, the Midwest Region Director for the Young Democrats of America, and as the Webmaster for the Young Democrats of America.
Colin currently works as the ICD Coordinator for the United Steelworkers of America (USW), Local 307 in Topeka, KS – and as President of The Bison Group, in Kansas City, KS where he lives with his fiancé, Jane, and their dog, Beau.